<< Mar 2015 >>
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30 31 1 2 3 4

Upcoming Events

Township Clerk

732-657-8121 x3200



Township Clerk/Registrar – Sabina T. Skibo, RMC,CMR, CPM

Deputy Clerk/ Alternate Deputy Registrar – Jodi Pellicano, RMC, CMR

Secretary/ Deputy Registrar – Marie Sailer Key, RMC, CMR

Information about our staff

OFFICE HOURS are 8:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Monday-Friday except Holidays


You may address correspondence to the appropriate individual listed above at

Manchester Township Clerk’s Office

1 Colonial Drive

Manchester, NJ 08759

Office – 732-657-8121, ext. 3200      Fax – 732-657-2071

mail to:clerk@manchestertwp.com


The core duties of the Township Clerk are set by New Jersey statute and include but are not limited to the following:

Secretary to the Municipal Corporation

Secretary to the Governing Body

Chief Administrative Officer of All Elections

Chief Registrar of Voters

Records Manager

Administrative Officer of Licensing

Code for the Township of Manchester

Click here for a printable OPRA request form.



Election Dates & Times

All polling places are open from 6:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.

The primary elections are held on the first Tuesday after the first Monday in June.

The general elections are held on the first Tuesday after the first Monday in November.  This election includes local Mayor/Council elections and Board of Education elections.

FOR LIVE ELECTION RESULTS:  http://www.clerk.co.ocean.nj.us/ElectionSite/




Polling Places 2013


The registrant must download and complete a Voter Registration Application.

Mail or deliver the Voter Registration Application and/or Party Affiliation Form to the Ocean County Clerk which would be:

County Clerk
Hon. Scott M. Colabella
Court House
P.O. Box 2191
118 Washington Street
Toms River, NJ 08754-2191

The registration deadline to vote at the next election is 21 days prior to election day.


who can register?

To register in New Jersey you must be:

  • A United States citizen
  • At least 18 years old by the next election
  • A resident of the county for 30 days before the election



Vote By Mail Applications

In New Jersey, any voter can now vote by mail in any election. You do not need a reason to Vote by Mail.

Complete the Application for Vote by Mail Ballot below and return the application to the Ocean County Clerk:

County Clerk
Hon. Scott M. Colabella
Court House
P.O. Box 2191
118 Washington Street
Toms River, NJ 08754-2191

http://www.state.nj.us/state/elections/voting-information-vote-by-mail.html (Mail -in ballot application)

To receive your ballot by mail, the application must be received by the Ocean County Clerk 7 days prior to the election.

A voter may also apply in person to the Ocean County Clerk until 3:00 p.m., the day before the election.

Faxed or emailed copies of a Application for Vote by Mail Ballot will not be accepted, unless you are a Military or Overseas Voter, since an original signature is required.

Political Party Declaration Forms

A registered voter currently affiliated with a political party who wishes to change their party affiliation must file a Political Party Affiliation Declaration Form 55 days before a Primary Election.

A registered voter currently not affiliated with a political party may declare their party affiliation up to and including Primary Election day.

You can print and complete the Political Party Affiliation Declaration Form and mail or deliver to the Ocean County Clerk. These cards are also available at the Manchester Township Clerk’s office.

Faxed copies or an electronic transmission of Party Affiliation Declaration Forms cannot be accepted, since an original signature is required.




Marriage/Civil Union

          Be sure to contact the Registrar well in advance of the ceremony to schedule an appointment to make application.  The marriage or civil union license fee is $28.00.

The marriage or civil union license must be obtained from the Registrar in the New Jersey municipality in which either applicant resides, if one or both is a resident of New Jersey.  (For these purposes, soldiers are residents of the posts at which they are stationed).  A license issued is good for use anywhere in the State of New Jersey.

If both parties are not residents of New Jersey, the license must be obtained from the Registrar of the municipality where the ceremony is to be performed and is only good for use in that municipality.

A New Jersey marriage or civil union license may never be used outside of the State of New Jersey and a license issued in another state may never be used within the State of New Jersey.

A local Registrar will not issue a marriage or civil union license sooner than 72 hours after the application for a license has been made, unless ordered to do so via a Superior Court order.  If both parties are unavailable to complete the application at the same time, either applicant may complete his/her part of the application with the Registrar and start the waiting period.  The other applicant must return with the same witness (who must be at least 18 years old) to complete his/her part of the application.

The application must be completed by both parties before the license will be issued.  The application is valid for six months from the date filed.

 Once the license is issued, it is good for 30 days from the date of issuance.  A couple wishing to have both religious and civil ceremonies may be issued a license for both ceremonies on the basis of a single application.

Provide these documents when applying for a marriage/civil union license:

  1. Proof of identity by presenting your driver’s license, passport or state/federal ID.
  2. Proof of your residency.
  3. Your social security card or social security number.
  4. A witness, 18 years of age or older.
  5. The $28.00 application fee.
  6. If previously married, a certified death certificate or court filed divorce decree of the last spouse will be required.

Each applicant must supply valid identification that establishes name, age, date of birth and proof of residency.  This may be supplied by one or more documents issued by a government agency, such as a certified copy of a birth certificate, driver’s license, military identification, passport or state/county identification card.

The person performing the ceremony must file the license and certificate with the Registrar of the municipality in which the ceremony was performed.  Since failure to record the certificate may cause considerable inconvenience at a later date when proof of certificate is needed, you should make sure that this has been done.

Certified copies of the marriage or civil union event may be obtained from the local Registrar in the municipality where the ceremony occurred or from the State Bureau of Vital Statistics and Registration.

Copies of Vital Records

(Death Certificate, Birth Certificate, Marriage/Civil Union Certificate, Domestic Partnership)

Certified copies are $10.00 each. Corrections to vital records are $15.00 each. To get a certified copy of a person’s vital record, you must provide proof of your relationship to the person listed on the record and the proof must establish you are one of the following:

  • The subject of the record
  • The subject’s parent, legal guardian or legal representative
  • The subject’s spouse/civil union partner; child, grandchild or sibling, if of legal age
  • A state or federal agency for official purposes
  • Pursuant to court order

If you are not a person qualified to get a certified copy of a record but you are helping a person receive a certified copy of a vital record they are eligible to receive you must show your valid ID and a notarized, written release authorizing you to get the record on that person’s behalf OR, you can supply a written release from the person you are helping along with a copy of that person’s valid photo ID.

If you are not eligible to receive a certified copy of a vital record, you must obtain a court order directing the State Registrar to issue a certified copy of the record. A subpoena is not sufficient to issue a copy of a vital record.


Bingo and Raffle
Applicants must possess a current NJ Legalized Games of Chance and Control Commission Identification Number prior to submitting an application to the Township Clerk.


Click here for a Dog Licensing renewal form.


The official newspapers for advertising public notices are the Asbury Park Press and The Star Ledger.