Brenda Sloan – Director
Manchester Senior Services Is Funded By:
• A grant from the Ocean County Office of SeniorServices with Title III Older Americans Act of 1965,as amended through a grant from the New JerseyDept. of Health and Senior Services;
• Local Municipal Contributions
A Senior Advisory Committee, made up of elected and appointed members meets five times a year to informa and advise the Mayor of concerns and the implementation of the Senior Program objectives. The meetings are open to all interested person. For location, dates and times of themeeting, contact Manchester Senior Services at 732-849-8305.
Manchester Senior Services Department assist residents who are 60 years of age or older with Information & Assistance on a wide range of programs on the Local, County and State level. Programs such as medical transportation, home-delivered meals, heating assistance, property tax rebates and perscriptions programs. A Benefit Screening is completed for a resident to see what programs they are eligible for according to income. Home visit are available for residents who have no means of getting into the office.
Medical transportation is provided to medical and dental facilities located in the following towns: Manchester, Lakehurts, Whiting, Brick, Lakewood, Silverton and Toms River. Appointments must be between 10:00 and 10:30 am or between 1:00 and 1:30 pm. Services are provided to residents who are 60 years of age or older who are ambulatory/semi-ambulatory/wheelchair. Priority is given to persons who are unable to drive. This service is available on a first-come, first-served basis.
Contact Manchester Senior Outreach at 732-849-8305 to schedule an appointment.
S.H.I.P. – State Health Insurance Program
We provide a service where a certified counselor helps you find your way through the Medicare Health Insurance maze.
SHIP is a program where a certified counselor can provide you with information on Medicare benefits and claims, Medicare supplement policies, Long Term Care Insurance, Health Maintenance Organizations (HMOs) and other related problems.
There sole function is to provide information and assistance to Manchester residents eligible for Medicare so that each client can make the best possible decision to serve their interest.
Counselors do not provide legal advice nor do they sell, recomment, or endorse any specific insurance product, agent, insurance company or HMO.
How Much Will It Cost Me?
There is no charge for any Senior Services.However, the program provides the opportunity for individuals to make a voluntary contribution for services received. All donations are confidential. No one will be denied service because they will not or cannot contribute.
Click on Ocean County website to downloan applications for various programs. Ocean County Office of Senior Services
PROPERTY TAX REIMBURSEMENT
2012 Eligibility Requirements
YOU MUST MEET ALL OF THE FOLLOWING REQUIREMENTS:
* You were age 65 or older as of December 31, 2011, or if under age 65, you were receiving Federal Social Security disability benefits as of December 31, 2011, and December 31, 2012;
* You have living in New jersey continuously since December 31, 2001, or earlier, as either a homeowner or a renter;
* You have owned and lived in your home (or have leased a site in a mobile home park for a manufactured or mibile home that you own) since December 31, 2008, or earlier;
* You paid the full amount of the 2011 property taxed due on your home by June 1, 2012, and paid the 2012 property taxes by June 1, 2013;
Your total annual income for 2011 did not exceed $80,000* and for 2012 did not exceed $82,880.* NOTE: With very few exception s, all income received during the year must be taken into account to determine eligibility ( including social security, pensionincome, etc.).
* ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS, INCLUDING INCOME LIMITS, AND BENEFITS AVAILABLE UNDER THIS PROGRAM ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE BY THE STATE BUDGET.
DEAD LINE HAS BEEN EXTENDED TO SEPTEMBER 16, 2013
Contact Manchester Senior Services for any additional information.
FARM MARKET VOUCHERS
Manchester Senior Services will be distributing (4) $5.00 Farm Market Vouchers to purchase Jersey Fresh produce for Low Income Seniors, who are 60 years of age or older. We will distribute vouchers on a first come-first serve basis until all vouchers have been distributed.
DISTRIBUTION DATES & LOCATION:
Distribution: Daily from 9:00 am – 3:00 pm
Location: Manchester Senior Services, 1 Colonial Drive, (between Townhall & Library)
Guidelines: Must be 60 years of age or older
Resident of Manchester Twp.
Do not exceed financial guidelines.
Family Size Annual Monthly
1 21,257 1,772
2 28,694 2,392
AT TIME OF DISTRIBUTION MUST SHOW PROOF OF AGE, RESIDENCY AND ALL INCOME.
* Income includes: Social Security, Pensions, Interest, Dividends, Rental Income, Salary, Alimony and ALL other Income.
* If Federal or State income tax was completed, bring it with you.
* If you are receiving Food Stamps or Medicaid bring card as proof of income.
If additional information contact Manchester Senior Services @ 7320849-8305.