732-657-8121 – Fax 732-657-1690
James Gant – Asst. Business Administrator, Director (Ext 3010)
Sheri Gumina – Confidential Aide (Ext 3009)
The Division of Personnel processes applications for employment, manages employee benefits, workers compensation claims, OSHA reporting, employee relations, recognition events and employee wellness initiatives. For more information or to fill out an application contact the Manchester Township Personnel Office located in the Municipal Building, 1 Colonial Drive, Manchester, New Jersey. Hours are 8:30 AM to 4:00 PM, Monday through Friday or retrieve an employment application from the Town Hall lobby receptionist. Applications for employment can also be found below and emailed to email@example.com.
TO SUBMIT AN APPLICATION THROUGH EMAIL: PLEASE FOLLOW THESE INSTRUCTIONS!
- Click Link below to DOWNLOAD Application
- Save application to your computer before filling out.
- Complete application and save the file again
- Attach the completed application in an email to PERSONNEL@MANCHESTERTWP.COM
Manchester Township is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Either apply in person at Manchester Township, 1 Colonial Drive, Manchester, NJ, 08759 or complete an Application for Employment by clicking the link above and mailing or emailing the completed application to the Township’s Personnel Officer. Send emails to Personnel@Manchestertwp.com. If you have any questions, please call Personnel at 732-657-8121, extension 3009.
EMERGENCY MEDICAL SERVICES DIRECTOR – $75,000 – $95,000 – FULL TIME. The position of Emergency Medical Services Director performs a variety of work in connection with various projects for varying periods of time. The overall job duties include supervision, planning, coordination and implementation of various work activities while upholding standard operating procedures as it related to providing emergency medical services to the residents of Manchester Township.
The EMS Director shall perform the following duties:
- Manages and oversees all aspects of the Manchester Township Division of Emergency Services; develops objectives for the program; recommends, implements, and evaluates policies, procedures, and operating standards for assigned services and activities.
- Prepares and maintains confidential materials for development of management strategy and tactics in collective negotiations, contract administration, processing of grievances, arbitration, and labor and employment litigation. Must follow New Jersey Attorney General Guidelines on Internal Affairs.
- Assists with the requisition of new EMS employees, including conducting staff interviews and making recommendations concerning the hiring of personnel, upon request.
- Assists with grievance and disciplinary determinations on behalf of the Chief, and on behalf of other superior officers as assigned by the Chief with regard to EMS personnel.
- Oversees and monitors program operations and personnel for compliance with state and local laws and regulations; evaluates legislation as it impacts the Emergency Services program; performs contract compliance audits as necessary.
- Reviews, monitors, and revises continuing education program course content to ensure employees meet state and/or national requirements; conducts and/or schedules and coordinates training.
- Designs, implements, and monitors a quality improvement program including emergency services and dispatch operations; evaluates, coordinates, and monitors quality improvement issues.
- Develops, administers and monitors the program budget; participates in the forecast of funds needed for equipment, materials, and supplies; coordinates the maintenance and replacement of EMS equipment; purchases equipment, materials, and supplies as necessary.
- Responsible for the maintenance, storage, security and confidentiality of patient and employment records.
- Trains, evaluates, and motivates personnel to ensure performance meets department standards; serves as a resource to the Supervisors by providing input regarding evaluation of Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) personnel; recommends disciplinary action as necessary.
- Researches and develops medical operational procedures on a local, county and statewide basis.
- Develops and maintains positive communications and working relationships with those of other departments, divisions, and outside agencies and organizations; represents the Township on all State and local EMS activities.
- Researches, prepares, and presents various reports and public presentations related to the Township’s EMS program.
- Assists in the testing, evaluating, and selection of personnel; performs orientation for all new EMTs.
- Performs periodic EMS chart review in cooperation with the Medical Director
- Supervises the billing and collection of money for services rendered in cooperation with the billing vendor
- Inspects ambulances and all medical equipment to insure that equipment is operative and in good condition and arranges for repair when necessary
- Responds to any pending emergency calls or large scales incidents that may occur
- Attends and participates in various EMS organizations and committees
The following Qualifications are applicable:
- Five years of experience in the Emergency Medical Services field either as an EMT-Basic (EMT-B) OR Mobile Intensive Care Paramedic (MICP) OR is a Licensed Registered Professional Nurse (RN) in NJ AND five years of experience in a supervisory capacity in a NJ State licensed EMS agency.
- Possession of EMT Instructor certification preferred.
- Possession of a valid driver’s license from the State of New Jersey.
- Knowledge of the principles of emergency medical or first aid treatment.
- Knowledge of the methods used in rescuing and transporting accident or catastrophe victims and others requiring emergency medical assistance.
- Knowledge of medical care facilities and medical emergency transport vehicles.
- Knowledge of the principles of first aid training programs.
- Knowledge of first responder communication systems.
- Ability to remain calm in crisis situations.
- Ability to exercise good judgment under stressful circumstances
- Ability to lead others.
- Ability to establish necessary records and files.
- Ability to utilize various types of electronic and/or manual recording and information systems used by the agency, office, or related units.
- Ability to read, write understand and communicate in English sufficiently to perform duties of this position.
- Ability to follow safety precautions in the operation of assigned tools and equipment.
- Knowledge of traffic laws, ordinances, and regulations governing equipment and vehicle operation in the State of New Jersey.
A full job description can be furnished upon request or at time of interview.
MECHANIC – DPW – $36,000 – $65,000 – FULL TIME – Needed for Immediate opening. This position consists of the following responsibilities: At the direction of the Supervisor, repairs engines and components, power trains, suspension systems, and other mechanical units of motor vehicles; automobiles, pickup trucks, vans and construction equipment trucks bulldozers, tractors, wheel loaders, backhoes, road graders, paver, articulating rollers and similar equipment, as well as emergency generators, landscape equipment, shop equipment, tools, and accessories. Candidate will also, perform preventive maintenance on motor vehicles and equipment, including inspecting safety items, checking for deficiencies, tune- ups, oil changes, lubrication, filter changes, spark plug and point replacement and will transport vehicles as needed. Applicants must have a minimum of 3 years experience in automotive maintenance and repair, ASE Certified technician, or diesel gasoline equivalent preferred (successful completion of a 2-year technical school with certification may be substituted for 1-year experience). Applicant must possess a valid Class B NJ Commercial Driver’s License or be able to obtain within 90 days of start of employment. A full job description can be furnished upon request or at time of interview.
LABORER/LIGHT EQUIPMENT OPERATOR/ TRUCK DRIVER – DPW – $31,000 – $60,000 – FULL TIME – Needed for immediate openings. The position of Laborer/ Light Equipment Operator/ Truck Driver performs a variety of work, manual in nature and in connection with various projects for varying periods of time. The Laborer/ Light Equipment Operator/ Truck Driver is expected to work in various weather conditions and locations within the Township. A Laborer/ Light Equipment Operator/ Truck Driver may occasionally operate heavy equipment under conditions which do not require the ability of a skilled operator. The Laborer/ Light Equipment Operator/ Truck Driver reports to the General Foreman and does not supervise other employees. An excellent benefits package is included. Must have valid Class B CDL or must obtain it within 90 days of employment. All applicants must have a valid NJ Drivers License.
FIELD AND METER SERVICE WORKER – $33,000 – $60,000 – Full-Time – Needed for immediate opening. This position requires the ability to perform work in the operation, maintenance and repair of water supply and distribution facilities as well as sewage collection facilities. 3- 5 years of experience in water and sewer utility operations and/or installations is preferred. Proficiency in the operation of a backhoe to excavate in the vicinity of other utilities is preferred. Heavy lifting of up to 100 lbs. is frequently required. Work is performed in all types of weather conditions. Due to the nature of this position, overtime and weekend work are a job requirement. The Field and Meter Service Worker reports to the General Foreman and does not supervise other employees. Salary range: $33,000 – $60,000 with compensation based on qualifications and experience. An excellent benefit package is included. Must have valid Class B CDL or must obtain it within 90 days of employment.
NOW ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR THE FOLLOWING RECREATION POSITIONS:
Please Complete Recreation Application ONLY (posted above)
BADGE SELLER: Min. Wage – $12.00 p/hr – Under the general supervision of the Badge Supervisor. Responsible for the care, distribution and record keeping associated with the sale of beach badges. Must be 18 years of age or older. Employment from Memorial Day thru Labor Day 2019.
LIFEGUARD: $11.00 – $16.00 p/hr – Responsible for ensuring the safety of the facility patrons by preventing and responding to emergencies. Current certifications required in the following: American Red Cross Waterfront Lifeguard Training, American Red Cross First Aid & Safety Training, American Red Cross CPR/AED Training. Employment from Memorial Day thru Labor Day 2019.
CONCESSION STAND WORKER: Min. Wage – $10.00 p/hr – Position requires an individual to have customer service skills, positive attitude, food preparation, assist in cleaning and preparing area day to day operation, responsible for accurate counting and assisting with inventory controls. Must be 18 years of age or older. Employment from Memorial Day thru Labor Day 2019.
ASSISTANT DIRECTOR (LAKE) – $15.00 – $25.00 p/hr – The Lake Supervisor is responsible for the overall operation of Harry Wright or Pine Lake. The Lake Supervisor is responsible for staff supervision of lifeguards, beach attendants, badge sellers & concession workers and all administrative work (scheduling, payroll, etc.) relating to on-site tasks. Must be 21 years of age or older. Must possess a valid drivers license. Employment from Memorial Day thru Labor Day 2019.