732-657-8121 – Fax 732-657-1690
James Gant – Asst. Business Administrator, Director (Ext 3010)
Sheri Gumina – Confidential Aide (Ext 3009)
The Division of Personnel processes applications for employment, manages employee benefits, workers compensation claims, OSHA reporting, employee relations, recognition events and employee wellness initiatives. For more information or to fill out an application contact the Manchester Township Personnel Office located in the Municipal Building, 1 Colonial Drive, Manchester, New Jersey. Hours are 8:30 AM to 4:00 PM, Monday through Friday or retrieve an employment application from the Town Hall lobby receptionist. Applications for employment can also be found below and emailed to email@example.com.
TO SUBMIT AN APPLICATION THROUGH EMAIL: COMPLETE APPLICATION ON LINK BELOW, SAVE TO YOUR COMPUTER AND UPLOAD AS A FILE IN AN EMAIL TO PERSONNEL@MANCHESTERTWP.COM
Employment Opportunities –
Manchester Township is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Either apply in person at Manchester Township, 1 Colonial Drive, Manchester, NJ, 08759 or complete an Application for Employment by clicking the link above and mailing or emailing the completed application to the Township’s Personnel Officer. Send emails to Personnel@Manchestertwp.com. If you have any questions, please call Personnel at 732-657-8121, extension 3010.
Utilities Electrician – $100,000 – $110,000 – Full-Time – Needed for Immediate Opening: Electrician position demands independent work, initiative, attention to detail and a safety conscious employee. The duties of the position include installation, inspection, repair, servicing and maintenance of electrical and HVAC equipment for all Utilities and Township owned and operated facilities. The Electrician will perform related work as required. A comprehensive medical package including medical, prescription and dental coverage is available.
Qualifications include the following:
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Five (5) years’ experience in electrical work specific to public water and sewer utilities operation and heating and air conditioning repair & maintenance.
- Appointees will be required to be a licensed electrician in the State of New Jersey and possess a valid Air Conditioning and Refrigeration Technician Certification of the appropriate level, commensurate with the type of equipment serviced, issued under the authority of the Federal Environmental Protection Agency.
- Knowledge of the problems, equipment, and techniques involved in installing, inspecting, repairing, and maintaining cables, wiring, motors, generators, pumps, refrigerators, radios, sound equipment, switchboards, oil machinery, and circuits.
- Ability to read and interpret plans, specifications, and diagrams.
- Ability to analyze problems involving electrical installation, inspection, maintenance, and repair work, and develop effective work methods.
- Ability to install, inspect, repair, and maintain cables, wiring, motors, generators, pumps, refrigerators, radios, sound equipment, oil burners, and other types of electrical equipment, appliances, fixtures, machinery, and circuits under varying circumstances.
- Knowledge of principles and theories of refrigeration cycles and temperature measurement.
- Knowledge and experience with SCADA systems, Sensaphone systems, Allen Bradley PLC controls, USEMCO controls for utility automation, and programming of square D, Eaton & Allen Bradley systems.
- Knowledge and experience with wiring, ventilation, motor controls and replacement, transducers, and Siemans controls for waste water systems.
- Knowledge and experience with Barber-Colman Control Systems, Johnson Controls (Metasys Systems and Facility Explorer FX60) and Amana Digilink
- Knowledge of standard tools, materials, methods, and practices involved in the repair and maintenance of electrical, heating, ventilating, and air conditioning equipment.
- Knowledge of occupational hazards and safety precautions involved in the repair and maintenance of electrical, heating, ventilating, and air conditioning equipment.
- Ability to organize assigned work and develop effective work methods.
- Ability to take needed safety precautions in performing the work.
- Ability to keep records and files.
- Ability to learn to utilize various types of electronic and/or manual recording and information systems used by the agency, office, or related units.
- Ability to order, store, safeguard, and properly use equipment, materials and supplies.
- Ability to keep simple records of work done, materials used, and time spent.
- Ability to read, write, speak, understand, or communicate in English sufficiently to perform the duties of this position.
- Ability to understand, remember, and follow oral and written instructions
- Must possess a valid NJ Driver’s License